COVID-19 Protocols & Precautions
We look forward to hosting you safely and responsibly at mFulaWozi during the COVID-19 pandemic. Before you book your stay, please note the travel restrictions in place on transit routes and in South Africa.
International travellers should:
- Check with insurers prior to travel whether COVID-19 test and quarantine costs are covered.
- On arrival in South Africa, you will need to be in possession of a negative COVID-19 PCR test conducted within 72 hours of departure (some airlines stipulate arrival). Antigen tests and Rapid Diagnostic tests are not sufficient.
- Ensure compliance with airline and transit country protocols. If travelling for longer than 72 hours, en-route tests might be required and the turnaround time to get results could take a day.
- Keep a completed mandatory Traveller Health Screening Questionnaire with you during your travel.
- On arrival in South Africa you will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms. If you display symptoms or have been in contact with infected persons, you will be required to take a COVID-19 test at your own expense. If you are tested positive you will need to undergo a 10-day quarantine at a designated site at your own expense.
Current South African policy:
- Wearing a face mask in public is mandatory.
- Social distancing in public spaces.
- Use of hand sanitiser in public areas, for example malls.
- Curfew from midnight to 4am.
For more details and the latest restriction level, visit www.gov.za/Coronavirus
To ensure your safety, the following measures are in place at the lodges:
For everyone’s safety, we ask guests to:
- Provide screening and negative test documents at check-in.
- Allow luggage and hands to be sanitised on arrival.
- Have temperatures taken on arrival and daily and recorded. Any high temperatures have to be medically reported.
- Wear face masks and practice social distancing when with people outside your travel party.
Hygiene and sanitising:
- Handwash and soap dispensers are stationed throughout the lodge areas and suites.
- Hand sanitisers are in all rooms and bathrooms.
- Guest rooms are sanitised before check-in and daily during guest’s stay.
- Extra cleaning protocols are conducted in high traffic usage areas such as door handles, remotes, coffee machines etc.
Staff, facilities and suppliers:
- Social distancing is promoted in public spaces such as restaurants and viewing decks, by spacing out seating and restricting numbers on game drives.
- Staff take daily temperature checks and high-temperature procedures are in place.
- All lodge staff live on site and movement to other communities is restricted.
- In the case of staff testing positive for COVID-19, strict self-isolation protocols are followed and a negative test result is required before returning to duty.
- Strict hygiene protocols apply to all suppliers and deliveries.
- We continue with regular training on health and safety protocols, general hygiene and extensive sanitising practices.
- Chefs preparing food wear gloves and masks.
- No buffet service are available.
- Bush dinners and boma dinners are only available if the lodge is booked for exclusive use by a single group.
Game Drives or Lodge Transport:
- All lodge and hired vehicles are extensively and regularly sanitised between transfers and game drives.
- This includes high contact areas plus binoculars.
In the event of a guest displaying COVID-19 symptoms:
mFulaWozi has strict protocols in place, including:
- Isolation in guest suites.
- Access to a medical officer and incident management team.
- Emergency Medivac airlifts to the nearest medical facility.
Please contact us if you need any further information pertaining to COVID-19 protocols and support.